What is a company principal?
There are many terms used to describe the word Principal but for all accounts and purposes the Principal of a company is typically the company owner, founder, partner or other person of high rank within the business.
The Principal of the company - whether it's a manufacturer or supplier of a service - will be the person(s) who are directly responsible for the relationship between the agent and company.
Companies may have many reasons for outsourcing their company's sales requirements to self-employed sales agents. These may include:
- Accessing new Markets where their existing employed sales force have limited knowledge or contacts.
- Partnering with highly experienced sales reps that have come from a successful sales background.
- Having their products or services sold alongside other non-competing lines that an agent carries. This ensures a much greater exposure to clients who are potentially needing what you have to sell.
- Accessing a greater pool of sales talent with relevant industry knowledge.
- Eliminating the financial risk of employing an in-house sales team.
How It Works For Companies
You'll find specific information on joining CommissionCrowd hereSee how it works
Have questions that haven't been answered here? Start a Live Chat
Featuring interesting Independent sales rep related articles, member interviews, news, tips and featured commission-only sales opportunities.See all articles
Try it yourself. Join the world's fastest growing B2B independent sales network today
A collection of some of the most frequent questions asked by companies15 Articles
A collection of some of the most frequent questions asked by Independent sales professionals7 Articles
A collection of some of the most frequent questions relating to the CommissionCrowd platform8 Articles
A collection of industry specific questions and answers relating to the B2B commission-only sales industry6 Articles